The ESO Filter System webpage has two main sections:
- ESO Filter Information :
This section allows you to obtain the filter information registered in the optics laboratory database.
You can obtain the transmission curve of each filter and plot or download it.
- Update Database :
In this section, the administrator can update (add, modify or delete) the database information.
Also, he can change his password and edit "News" section.
The filter information can be searched in three different ways:
A new window with the result of your search will be opened.
In this page you can see a table with information about filters and:
- ESO FILTER NUMBER: If you want to look for information of a specific filter,
enter the filter number on the box and press the search button.
- ESO FILTER LIST: Use this option if you want to look for a list of filters.
You can choose from a complete filter list, with or without image quality by checking the respective option.
You can also select an instrument and a type. Once you have selected the appropriate options, press the View Filter List button.
- CENTRAL WAVELENGHT AND BANDWIDTH:
In order to restrict the search to a range of Wavelength and Bandwidth, write the corresponding minimum and maximum values on the text boxes.
You can also choose an instrument and type. Then press the Search button.
- Plot: If you wish to obtain graphics from one up to ten filters,
you must select the filters which you wish to plot by using the checkboxes and then pressing the plot button.
- Download: If you want to download a text file with the information from one up to ten filters,
you must select the filters that you wish to download by using the checkboxes and pressing the download button.
After you have entered the administrator's password you have four options:
- Upload Filters:
- On this page you can see a table with a list of files which they have been loaded in the system.
Each file contains the main information about a filter, but this information is not stored into the database yet.
- If the table is empty or does not have filters that you want, you must upload the corresponding files to the system.
- You can use the box in the upper-left corner to upload a file or you can copy the files manually (see documentation on CMM: LSO-SMM-ESO-80030-0004).
- After you have uploaded a file, the table will be reloaded and shows you the new files added.
- Now, you can insert the information into the database.
Select the corresponding filter file using the checkboxes and pressing "InsUp" button.
- If the third column of table shows the word "New", this filter has not been loaded into the database previously.
Otherwise, if it shows the word "Exist", this filter information already exists in the database, therefore,
when you load the filter with the "InsUp" button the previous information will be replaced.
Use this option if you want to modify the plot points of a filter but be careful because you can also modify all information of the filter.
- The "Delete" button only deletes the corresponding file of a filter from the system.
If you want to delete a filter from the database, please see the "Filter Information Complete" section.
- Complete Filter Information:
In this page you can obtain a table with the complete information of a filter.
You can search by ESO Filter Number, ESO Filter List (with or without image quality or complete list) and Central Wavelength and Bandwidth
in the same way that it's described in "ESO Filter Information" section, except in this page you cannot choose an instrument or type.
A new window with the result of your search will be opened. Here you can plot, download, delete or modify the filter information.
Select one up to ten filters by using the checkboxes and pressing the button:
- PLOT: A new window with the graphic will be opened.
- DOWNLOAD: A pop-up ask you where do you want to save the file with the information of the filters. Select a directory and press OK.
- DELETE: A pop-up ask you if you are sure to delete the filters. Click OK if you are.
- MODIFY: The information of selected filters will be loaded on a table one by one.
You can modify one or more fields of the table writing on the textboxes.
When you finish with the current filter a new table with the information of next filter will be loaded.
- Press the RESET button if you want to load the original information after you have made a change.
- Press the CANCEL button if you want to leave the information without changes.
- Press the EDIT button if you want to save the changes into the database.
- Change Password: Enter the current and new password in the textboxes and press the ENTER button.
- Edit News:
- To add a new event, write the text in the white-box and press the ADD button.
- To edit an event, click on the word "edit" at the right of the event which you want to modify,
and then continue as if you were adding a new event.
- To delete an event, click on the word "delete" at the right of the event which you want to delete.
When you plot a filter or group of them, a new window with the graphic is opened.
You have six options in this graphic:
- Select Point: If you wish to obtain graphics coordinates, click on the point you wish to know.
- Zoom In: To zoom in, click on an area to zoom and press the "Zoom In" button.
- Zoom Out: To zoom out, click on an area to zoom and press the "Zoom Out" button
- Restore: To restore a plot, that is, to come back to the first view of it (without zoom), press the "Restore" button.
- Draw: To change the range of plot, enter the values in textboxes and press the "draw" button.
- Select Filter: You can move over a filter plot as displayed by the x-cursor.
You can select other curves by clicking on number button at next to the corresponding color from the curve in the upper-right corner of the plot.